As someone who lived on VirtualHostPro for years, I was very happy to see Indigo! The initial startup was simple (M2 Powerbook, 2 weeks back) and was able to install my favored cms without any issues.
Unfortunately, after a recent update to Indigo (b15) it's not able to restart. B15 should work with Sonoma, but the issue was there before Sonoma, so I'll ignore it for now:
- On app start, I'm not getting an error panel: "Indigo encountered an error The following error occurred during Indigo's startup: Connection invalid"
- It doesn't list the previous configs; you need to use Open to the directory to find them
- On opening and selecting a configuration, the devices column is blurred. Really can't make heads or tails of anything there.
- On starting, the system tries to stop ngix or apache, as opposed to starting it. I never installed them into the base system, so this is odd.
- Trying to STOP the server can display the center devices column, until I switch away to another config, then it blurs again. Stopping again doesn't help.
- Deleting it and reinstalling it has not remedied the issues - I can't get back into my configuration/cms at all. Removing the app, ~/Application Support/com.marmaladesoul.indigo file, all configurations and reinstalling also didn't resolve anything.
edit: should note, I've tried stopping/starting the stack but it's stuck in the "Stopping Apache" mode.
Perhaps this can help someone point me in the right direction? I've dug through the External Connections and Ventura threads, but nothing there helped, and starting as default should work, so I'm clueless now.